Sunday, August 13, 2006

huffin' it up

HOT CHIP/FRED FALKE REMIX REPOSTED AFTER NUMEROUS REQUESTS.


So I am definatley a hater of the "chill out" mix. They imply boutique hotels and a rash of bands/groups I wont mention as I dont want to offend anyway, but anyway, I needed to chill out today. It was Sunday, I had gone out the previous evening and was hurting this morning. The sky was grey and its was just constant drippings of rain like I were in England in Novemeber or March. I had school work I needed to do, laundry starting to smell in the bathroom and cleaning which was long over due. So I decided to put together a little iTunes mix to get me through the day.
Clearly I had shit to do, so I needed to to be fun. My suggestion if you use iTunes, put these tracks together in a playlist. They compliment each other nicely. And you wont find yourself snoozing.



Âme - Rej (Pasta Boys Remix)


Dont know much about this tune. Anyone care to fill me in? I really like it though.

Gui Boratto - Like You (SuperMayer Remix)

A classic Kompakt remix from the super producer team of Michael Mayer and Superpitcher. I believe they have an album slated to come out fairly soon.



John Tejada - End of It All (Original Mix)

An awesome track. I know its been posted on numerous blogs a while back, but I figured those links may have expired.




Minilogue - The Girl From Botany Bay


A great record I swipped from TAPE blog. Its a long techno journey (over 10 mins!) but never really boring.

Junior Boys - In The Morning (Alex Smoke Remix)

This record has become one of my favorites of the summer. Alex Smoke remixing it makes it that much better.



Theo Parrish - Falling Up (Carl Craig Remix)

This is probably one of everyones favorite tracks of the summer. Its appeared on numerous mixes. I mean Theo Parrish....Carl Craig....

Johan Fotmeijer - Are We Gonna Fail Now? (Frank Matriniq Remix)


I got this track well over a year ago now....Maybe even two, but I never get sick of it. Danceable glitchy techno.



Ada - Call the Tune

New Ada track. I love the shit she puts out.

Metope - Second Skin (Tekel Remix)

Another favorite of everyones. Its been floating around for a while, but this has become another one of my anthems of the Spring/Summer.



Joakim - I Wish You Were Gone (Vocal Edit)

Getting into some new tracks. Posted a Joakim song last week. Another track Im getting into though it came out on the last Kitsune cd a while ago. I can kinda see a LCD/Beat Connection vibe in here.

Peter, Bjorn and John - Young Folks (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Remix)

Another remix from the apparent very busy and multi named Erol Alkan. 'For the Eardrums' blog posted on these guys last year, but apparently this tune is bubbling up on numerous mixes this summer.

Hot Chip - Colours (Fred Falke Remix)


I love the original. But this is a nice reworking which gives the somber track a fun French disco vibe.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post! I will get much play out of some of these tracks...

7:03 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Another quality round-up!! Great stuff all round! Any chance of a re-up on that Hot Chip remix???

12:52 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for the songs! My work day is looking better already.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous jussy poo said...

I like when you post about gay dance parties!

2:56 PM  
Blogger GZL said...

FYI I reposted the Hot Chip/Fred Falke remix.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey some of the links i cant get to work... like the tejada song. I really wanna check that out

12:30 AM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

Hey man,
Good to see that someone's enjoying the tunes that we're posting up and getting properly into it. That remix of Ame's coming out soon on a rerelease of 'Rej'. The remix is ok, but it doesn't really hold a candle to the original at all which came out on the Innervisions offshoot of the Sonar Kollectiv label. Innervisions is all about jazzy, deep Detriot techno stylings, and most of the records that have been released on there are essential. You should definitely check Ame's remix of Akabu ('Phuture Bound'), and their colaboration with Henrik Schwarz & Dixon on 'Where It's At'. Version 1 is the one to go for, but I believe that the wrong versions have been posted up pretty much everywhere so you might be better off going to soulseek for that one.
Take care man!
Rich

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home