Monday, October 23, 2006

out on a limb

Its quite amazing Ive never posted DFA material up here before knowing my background. Well I think its because we all know that they are all over bloggers posting their tunes. And its been a minute since new shit has come from their West Village studio. But things will be changing in the next 6 months or so. Juan is back in the studio with numerous new tracks complete, LCD is on their way (looking at a Spring '07 release date for their as yet untitled sophmore LP) as well as numerous new acts including The Loving Hand, Prinz Horn Dance School and others (hush hush).



Juan has been touring like a mad man (Im not refering to that ATL incident). He will be hiting up numerous dates in Australia in November to play dates with Modular Record artists. Check out this remix he did for local Aussies The Presets. I hear Dancehall Modulator meeting Titos Way. Two of my favortie tracks, so yes, I like this remix.


The Presets - I Go Down (Juan MacLean Remix)


And of course, though not still on DFA, a bloggers delite. I got my hands on this Rapture single in the Spring, so I am not sure if this is going to be their second single off of the new L.P. , but here is the Simian Mobile Disco remix of W.A.Y.A.H.

The Rapture - Whoo Alright Yeah Uh Huh (Simian Mobile Disco Remix)

It will also be released with a dub side. Im confused as to who produced the original. Was it Ewan Pearson or Dangermouse? Ive heard both.

Not new, but I still listen to this track. What ever happened to the Endz? Their "Are You Really From the Endz" 12" was awesome. Without that video, I doubt this remix would have come to light.

The Rapture - Killing (Endz Remix)

Check out these guys and 95% of the music world at the end of this month and first weekend in Novemeber in NYC during CMJ. If your wondering who is playing where either check the DFA link on my sidebar or MySpace search whatever band your looking for. Chances are they are playing somewhere. And I am pissed I am missing it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin the Rapture albume and the mixs coming out- can't wait for the Simian mix! thanks as always yuo are the best.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems to be a problem with the juan remix - won't bring up pop-up to save file and goes to blank page with a quicktime symbol and question mark

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened in ATL with juan? car trouble prevented me from making it

10:58 AM  
Blogger GZL said...

no there doesnt seem to be a problem when i try uploading the juan track. check your system dooder.

as far as rapture track will be up once i get clearence, bit of premature ejaculation on that post.

ATL? check pitchfork, juan layed the smackdown to some drunk dumbass apparently.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Martin said...

Yeah, I really wanna hear that Rapture and Simian Mobile Disco track.

Btw, your blog rules!

3:36 AM  
Anonymous david. said...

W.A.Y.A.H. was Ewan and Phones...I got in some hot water for posting that one.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home